Sunday 20 April 2014

Books Vs Kindle

Those who know me well will know I am bit old fashioned when its comes to my view on books etc so I sent the publishing company Random House  a little message just to express my feelings .
In a world that is becoming so obsessed with all things technological I am still  happy to opt for an actual book and enjoy reading it with a nice cup of tea.


I would love to find out your views on my books vs Kindle debate ...

Here is the message I sent to Random House ...



From being a little girl and being told my first fairy tale to searching through textbooks for my university degree books have always been a big part of my life .

In the wake of such technological advances and the introduction of dare I say the word "The Kindle" books are seemingly becoming less and less popular .

The shutting down of libraries and the well known fact of the amount of books going to landfill is an issue that struck me recently. With so many environmental activists and the addition of book replacements made me wonder why publishing companies are not moving forward as well .

I guess what I am trying to say is why do companies like yourselves not produce new books from recycled paper or create new novels from old books ... Keeping the art of having a physical book to read alive? Not only would this reduce the amount of paper going to landfill but allow yourselves to contribute to your social corporate responsibility .
I am sure I am not the only person out there that doesn't want to see the day when electronic books take over and feel this is an effective way to keep up with todays society so we to can live happily ever after .

What do you think ??

Love Liv - A modern day book worm that would much rather enjoy the art work of a book then try and read something on a 2d screen





3 comments:

  1. Love it! I actually found myself considering ordering an e book off Amazon as it was a fraction of the price of the paperback... I bought the paperback in the end! At least if I drop it in the bath it's not as bad as dropping my tablet haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice doll :) which book did you get? xxx

      Delete
  2. I always prefer to get an actual physical book to read, it just feels so much nicer.
    Kindles can be good in some ways I guess though, they don't take up too much room and all your books are in one place. xx

    ReplyDelete