Sunday 14 September 2014

Since When Did Shops Turn Into Nightclubs??

"Welcome to Hollister , would you like a gas mask, earplugs, or a flashlight? "

I found this quote on twitter this morning, not only did it put a smile on my face but it just about sums up how I feel about this chain of retail stores that shares it "atmospheric" surroundings with sister company Abercrombie and Fitch.

For those who have never stepped foot into one of their stores I can put it very simply for you; 
Imagine going on a night out in a nighclub that also sells clothes. This maybe the perfect combination for many people, but for me entering the doors of the store instantly gives me a headache from hell with its low level lighting ( not sure what their trying to hide) its over powering signature after shave smell and ear drum bursting music..... Is this branding going too far ?

Sexy topless men aside this is really not the shopping experience I want when I hit the shops, as called me old fashion but I rather enjoy actually seeing what i'm purchasing before I hand over my money!


In contrast to this only a few shopping steps away is one of my favourite stores Victoria's Secret... It may be its feminine touches and sparkling ambience that makes me a fan, but its open and inviting layout make it much more appealing and so much easier to shop in. 



What are your views on Hollister's store designs and what are your favourite stores and why .
Would love to hear from you .. 
Lots of Love Liv xXx 

No comments:

Post a Comment