1. The 'Wall" and yes it does exist and it will undoubtedly feel like the Great Wall of China but you WILL get past it... the re-feed after is so worth it ;)
2. You will chafe in places you previously deemed in possible to chafe in - Vaseline at the ready!! Top tip from my first marathon Never EVER where a thong not matter how much you don't want VPL ... Bridget Jones pants all the way.
3. Your really comfy trainers you have been running in throughout your entire training will suddenly turn into evil blister makers .. always wear comfy socks and DO NOT take this as advice to wear brand new trainers ... biggest school boy error you could make. You will just have to forgive your oldies after the race.
4. After about mile 13 you will question yourself every mile after if you can make it.... Answer is YES you can and you WILL.
5. The cheers of encouragement is incredible and will keep you going but ensure you resist the urge to punch the next person who shouts you are nearly there, when you jolly well know how far you have to go.
6. Chances are ( if you are as slow as me anyway ) you will get overtaken by someone wearing a huge bunny suit or similar fancy dress attire .... Just Keep Going.
7. Always remember it is ok to cry at some point during the race ... This does NOT make you a wimp.
8. WARNING - Finishing a marathon is what i can only assume child birth is like. The second it's over and your medal ( or baby) is in your arms the pain and struggle doesn't seem as bad and you will want to do another one!
9. You will however run alongside some of the most inspiring people you will ever meet so absorb the atmosphere xx
10. You will adopt a best friend somewhere along the course who will feel your pain... and you will feel the need to discuss your intimate chafing problems but lucky for you you will undoubtedly see them again!!
11. No matter how fit you see yourself, do yourself a favour and book the day after off work.. put your feet up and wallow in your glory.
12. Most of all after all this has been said and done remember to ENJOY IT xx
What are your top tips?
Love Liv xXx
|Image From Etsy|